Re: pg_dump and pg_restore

From: Jayadevan M <jayadevan(dot)maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com>
To: 'Andreas Kretschmer' <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>,"pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump and pg_restore
Date: 2012-09-24 03:36:29
Lists: pgsql-novice
> If I opt for pg_dump to create a .sql backup file or the –Fc format,
> is there is significant difference in the time it will take to restore?

Yes: with -Fc you can use the -j - Feature (pg_restore):

-j number-of-jobs, --jobs=number-of-jobs

tu run multiple table-inserts simultaneous.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:   "The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."