installation DBD::Pg

From: "Ben Sabadus" <Ben(dot)Sabadus(at)upsnap(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: installation DBD::Pg
Date: 2008-02-12 18:19:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello support,

I do not understand why I would need to completely install Postgre on my
server to connect to a remote Postgre server.

Can you help me w/ this? I am trying to run 'install DBD::Pg' using CPAN and
it is asking me for the "Path to pg_config".

Is there some other way I can install DBD:Pg without having to install a
full version of Postgre on my machine? I would think I wouldn't have to
have Postgre on my local machine to connect to another Postgre DB on an
external machine.

Please help!

Beniamin Sabadus

Computer Engineer