Position: Sr. Database Systems Software Architect/Developer
Exciting opportunity as a senior architect/developer in a small team building the world's first distributed general purpose OLTP database. In this position you will add major functionality to the core database engine software while working in a creative and exciting environment. As an engineer you:
- want to work with an outstanding team developing the next great general purpose database solution,
- like the fast paced creative environment of a technology focused start-up,
- want to solve real customer problems and be part of the next great computer technology company.
- Experience doing development work on a major MVCC database engine source code.
- Experience with query optimization in the context of a MVCC database highly desirable.
- Experience doing development work on the PostgreSQL open source code base highly desirable.
- Experience with shared memory communication channels desirable.
- 6+ years experience in C programming.
- 3+ years experience with network programming and concurrency.
- Exceptional C programming skills and superior knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Fluency in architecture and design of multi-threaded concurrent systems, distributed locking, and event driven asynchronous systems is desirable.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent (focus in networked distributed systems desirable; will consider relevant work experience in lieu of degree).
About Us: Translattice Inc. is a strongly backed, innovative start-up developing next generation software that will transform the way applications and database's are deployed in the enterprise and in the cloud. We foster a creative, collaborative environment and work on cutting edge problems. We're based in the Santa Clara, California area and offer competitive salary and benefits. Applicants must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States for US based employment; non-US based employment arrangements may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: John Parr||Date: 2011-05-10 09:28:48|
|Subject: PL/Proxy Consultant Needed|
|Previous:||From: Sue Fehser||Date: 2011-04-29 16:35:43|
|Subject: Profitable financial startup - Downtown Manhattan|