Re: 8.3 RC1 - Logging and filenames

From: "Andy Shellam" <andy(dot)shellam-lists(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.3 RC1 - Logging and filenames
Date: 2008-01-12 16:18:08
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all,

But surely if the rotation is disabled, PostgreSQL will just append to the
log if it exists (hence the extra option of "truncate on rotation?")

Many services use a single log file and just keep adding to it - that's the
way I'd prefer to set PostgreSQL up, simply so I can predict what the log
file's name is.  Our rotation system will then rotate the log and keep the
name in the same format as all our other services.

Andy