Re: Error while executing pg_dump "invalid memory alloc request size 4294967293"

To: "Amit jain" <amitjain(dot)bit(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: Error while executing pg_dump "invalid memory alloc request size 4294967293"
Date: 2008-05-23 21:34:30
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

Hi ,

I have tried to taken backup while no one is connected. Should i change my
> RAM and then check it. Version are same of pg_dump and database version 8.1.

Yes try that . Though I dont think thats going to help. Just checking are
you using AMD server any chance .

Please provide complete config of your installation.
Hardware : what machine is it the process , RAM etc
Software : OS , PostgreSQL version

> Should I copy the data folder ? and then restore it with new installation
> or what do you mean to say kindly brief it please. I will be thankful to any
> help. thanks a lot.

Yes , shutdown PostgreSQL, copy the data folder and reinstall the server
and after initialisation restart the server. Before you attempt that make
sure you backup atleast the database folder.

Also during backup , post the log file to the community so they can look at
it.

--
Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.