Re: Forcing cursor behavior

From: Віталій Тимчишин <tivv00(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Shawn Heisey <pgsql(at)elyograg(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Forcing cursor behavior
Date: 2009-07-21 13:29:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

2009/7/21 Shawn Heisey <pgsql(at)elyograg(dot)org>

> To the person with the Cyrillic name that also responded ... how much
> effort would be involved in writing the delegating driver you described?

It depends on how you configure which driver is used - with DataSource or
DriverManager URL. Simply wrapping a Connection would be few hundred lines
of similar code that can be done in few days (few hours for "fast
prototype") - I've done similar things for running tests on embedded Java DB
instead of postgres used in production.
Registering new prefix in DriverManager (e.g. "jdbc:postgrespatched:url")
may take some more time - one need to look into JDBC SPI.

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn.