8.1.3 pg_restore error

From: Saranya Sivakumar <sarlavk(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsqlnovice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 8.1.3 pg_restore error
Date: 2006-11-08 15:31:30
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have a custom written script to selectively restore tables to a database.
The script usually works with no problem, but the last two times, I am getting the following error for some tables. Rest of the tables get restored successfully.

pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not read data block -- expected 1, got 0

This is the restore command in the script file
pg_restore -e -v -U $USER -d $DBNAME -t $table $data_file 2>> $LOGFILE

I use Postgres dump version 8.0.4 of a 7.3.2 database to create the data/schema dump files. The restore is with version  8.1.3.

Looks like the data file is corrupted, but am not sure. Any information on what could be causing the problem would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Saranya

Sponsored Link

Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only! Choose Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.

pgsql-novice by date