Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database

From: Mitch Pirtle <mitch(dot)pirtle(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database
Date: 2004-11-22 20:43:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:55:50 -0500, Jeff Flowers <duckfoo(at)fastmail(dot)fm> wrote:
> So my question is: how much data needs to be stored before PostgreSQL is
> worth the effort? Also, do people even use PostgreSQL at home for
> personal, non-weblog stuff?

I use it for the wine cellar, recipes, bookmarks, cigars, funny quotes
from my two year old...

Depending on your platform, it is trivial to install (could be an apt-get away).

If I do get around to web-enabling the stuff it won't be a duplicate
effort, as everything is already in the database. And if you are a
CLI junkie like myself, then using psql will not be an issue.

-- Mitch