Lowercase folding - simple patch?

From: agnewtj(at)netscape(dot)net
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Lowercase folding - simple patch?
Date: 2005-07-26 19:29:29
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello,

We have a large database with camel case names for schemas, tables, columns, etc.  I'm able to connect via ODBC with MS Access, but not with Excel (MSQuery).  The names are not quoted and lowercase folding kicks in - so all tables are 'not found'.   If I manually edit the MSQuery sql and double-quote all names, i can get the queries to work - but each and every query must be manually edited.  Obviously unworkable.

Is it possible for the odbc driver to return schema, table and column names to MSQuery in double-quoted form so queries are built correctly?  Alternatively, could the odbc driver insert double-quotes on-the-fly once it sees uppercase characters in the names?

This would help us immensely!!!

Thanks in advance,
Tom Agnew

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.