Re: Super Optimizing Postgres

From: Alex Avriette <a_avriette(at)acs(dot)org>
To: "'mlw'" <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Super Optimizing Postgres
Date: 2001-11-16 14:00:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think it's a fantastic idea. Every time I've tried to muck about in that
config file I've been entirely frustrated and not gotten done what I've
needed to. This database _needs_ some optimization as it has grown large and
I'm starting to see serious performance hits. I can't really help with the
actual cookbook as I am unfamiliar with the file myself. However, if you'd
like some large scale (http://scorch.posixnap.net/pics/puterpics/) testing
done, I'm happy to help. I've got a ton of resources to throw at it. (that
page may not load properly in netscape. sorry.)

alex