pg_shadow permission denied for pgAdmin!!!

From: Niral Trivedi <niral(dot)trivedi(at)insage(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_shadow permission denied for pgAdmin!!!
Date: 2001-01-16 16:01:20
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

All,

Thank you all for your help and guidance for my previous questions regarding
ERWin problem. Now that I have started playing with pgAdmin, I am having a
new problem.

Problem 1:
---------------
When I am trying to change 'privilages' by it is giving me error 'pg_shadow
permission denied'!!!!

I know that only a 'postgres' superuser can access 'pg_shadow' file so, I am
connecting to my remote postgreSQL db using the 'postgres' superuser. But
still not working.. I have also tried to change the permission of
'pg_shadow' file itself on the UNIX box but no luck...

Anybody has any idea??

Problem 2:
I have second problem when I execute a query in pgAdmin in 'update' mode. I
am getting the result back. But if I try to Add/Edit a record it is giving
me following error:

Multiple step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status
value, if available. No work was done.

Strange thing is, I am able to Delete a record but not Add/Edit!!!

Anybody has any idea on this, please help me..

Thanks again..

Niral