problem with pg_hba.conf

From: Niral Trivedi <niral(dot)trivedi(at)insage(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: problem with pg_hba.conf
Date: 2000-12-13 21:24:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

All,

I have already posted this message yesterday but didn't get any reply yet...
Please help me with this..I am having trouble doing db authentication with
'pg_hba.conf' file..

I have added two users using 'CREATE USER' command for a db. And then I have
created two separated password file to do authentication to two different db
in the system.

Also, I have added separate lines in 'pg_hba.conf' file for two db as
follows:

local db1 crypt file1.dat
local db2 crypt file2.dat

But problem is I can connect to both db using both password. What I supposed
to get is, I can connect to 'db1' only with username in 'file1.dat' and
'db2' with username in 'file2.dat'. But that is not happening!!! I have
already commented out the default 'local all trust' line!!!!

Can anybody give some suggestions on this??

Thanks in advance..

Niral