Re: find foreign key name

From: danap(at)ttc-cmc(dot)net
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Tore Halset" <halset(at)pvv(dot)ntnu(dot)no>
Subject: Re: find foreign key name
Date: 2007-12-19 02:51:10
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi Tore,
As Kris indicated perhaps FK_NAME should do it. I have
used something a little different Im not sure why unless
I looked a little closer, but this what I have

MyJSQLView Project
Code | Browse | --- src/Panels/net/danap/myjsqlview
Class Class Method
getColumnNames() ....

// Make a final check to see if there are any keys columns
// columns in the table. If not then try foreign keys.

if (primaryKeys.isEmpty())
  rs = dbMetaData.getImportedKeys(tableMetaData.getCatalogName(1),

  while (
     if (columnNamesHashMap.containsValue(rs.getString("PKCOLUMN_NAME")) &&

I was reluctant to access system catalogs directly in order to
derive the info. The above or FK_NAME would be a better way
to isolate from future changes in system catlogs.