Re: TypeInfoCache

From: danap(at)ttc-cmc(dot)net
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TypeInfoCache
Date: 2007-12-20 16:15:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I'm trying to create a generic interface for multiple databases.
Please don't ask me why I'm doing such a stupid thing, but I
just know that this change you guys are talking about is going
to break it. Certain data types need to be handled in special
ways in the application. No big deal I can accommodate the change,
but I'm really already baffled by some of the deviations on data
types in PostgreSQL. I would prefer adhering as much as possible
to standards in SQL and the SUN JDBC. If this changes accomplish
this so be it.

MyJSQLView Project Manager
Dana Proctor