GSoC 2011 - indexing XML data

From: Tomáš Pospíšil <killteck(at)seznam(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GSoC 2011 - indexing XML data
Date: 2011-03-30 23:02:30
Lists: pgsql-students
Hi,

In this days i am finishing XML validation patch and having review of indexing XML type with support of ltree in contrib. XML validation is in TODO. The next step is at my point of view indexing XML data. So i'm doing review of LibXML2 structures and ltree module in contrib.

Result of this work will be my master thesis, so i assume this could be good start for GSoC. Unfortunately i'm new in this area and deadline is close. I don't know if this project worth for it

What about mentors? May i send email to someone in http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2011#2011_Mentors or will be selected by community if will I be choosen? Lastly what about proposal, exist any template or formal style is not necessary?

Thanks Tomas Pospisil

pgsql-students by date

Next:From: Zheng YangDate: 2011-03-31 08:55:29