Re: Help. Pg not running

From: "Asidha Luhwidyanto" <asd(at)dijogja(dot)com>
To: s(dot)barnett-cormack(at)lancaster(dot)ac(dot)uk
Cc: asd(at)dijogja(dot)com, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com
Subject: Re: Help. Pg not running
Date: 2003-07-01 01:59:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank's

I have trying to restarting pg and copying xlogs file from the last backup.
Until some trial and error, it working.

DEBUG: database system was interrupted at 2003-06-28 02:41:38 JAVT
DEBUG: CheckPoint record at (0, 12369592)
DEBUG: Redo record at (0, 12369592); Undo record at (0, 0); Shutdown FALSE
DEBUG: NextTransactionId: 14017; NextOid: 32252
DEBUG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress...
DEBUG: ReadRecord: record with zero len at (0, 12369656)
DEBUG: redo is not required
DEBUG: database system is in production state

And now i can backup all db. I will upgrade my last 7.12 version to 7.3.
Maybe i need to use extended 3 for my linux filesystem and installing UPS
for protecting my PG server.

Thank's Sam Barnet & Scott Marlowe for your guid.

Asidha Luhwidyanto
http://dijogja.com/
for information of Jogja-Java-Indonesia