Re: BUG #6612: Functions can be called inside CHECK statements

From: Ari Entlich <atrigent(at)ccs(dot)neu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6612: Functions can be called inside CHECK statements
Date: 2012-04-25 20:25:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Wow, so I guess I'm pretty much wrong about this... Sorry for the noise guys. I failed to consider different uses for functions, obviously, and it's not possible to automatically detect usages which could cause problems.

Perhaps this is more of a bug in the documentation than anything else. I couldn't find any documentation for the behavior for what will happen if a query is executed inside a function which is called from a check statement. I also couldn't find anything about calling function inside check statements in general, but perhaps that's not necessary. I do, however, think it should definitely be documented somewhere that functions cannot be used to get around the lack of check statement subqueries, because the ordering of operations is wrong.

Thanks!

Ari

pgsql-bugs by date