spool function in nbtree index

From: Teju <tejasvic(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: spool function in nbtree index
Date: 2007-07-22 02:53:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am trying to understand the function of spool
structure in btree index creation. I understand that
there are 2 of
them, one for the itups to be sorted and the other
for
dead tuples.
Now, if I want to see all the itups that are loaded
into the main spool (not spool for the dead tuples),
what function should i look into and which
structure/variable holds this value?

thanks in advance,
TPC