Re: Server unreliability

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Server unreliability
Date: 2004-09-29 20:40:42
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

> Yes, but how far is it from the image I saw to the completed site? I
> have no idea, and why has there been so little progress in the past few
> years?

Lack of people doing the work is why. Complaining that nothing is
getting done is just sucking time away from more productive activities
... and I think that extends to all the points made in this thread.
We all know perfectly well what the problems are --- it's a matter of
finding time, and sometimes money, to solve them. We don't need "new
ideas" unless the ideas are about how to produce those resources.