OID's

From: Kief Morris <k(dot)morris(at)bitbull(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: OID's
Date: 2000-01-14 16:20:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

Where can I find documentation on how to use OID's in
Postgres? From the Postgres documentation I have (Admin,
User, and Programmer manuals), it appears that Postgres
has built-in support of some kind (or am I reading too
much into it), but I can't find any kind of overview
of how it works and how to use it (e.g. how to generate
new oid's).

Can anyone point me to a resource for this?

Thanks,
Kief