Re: next CommitFest

From: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: next CommitFest
Date: 2009-11-11 21:21:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> The next CommitFest is scheduled to start in a week.  So far, it
> doesn't look too bad, though a lot could change between now and then.
>
> I would personally prefer not to be involved in the management of the
> next CommitFest.  Having done all of the July CommitFest and a good
> chunk of the September CommitFest, I am feeling a bit burned out.

why we need a full time manager at all?
why not simply use -rrreviewers to track the status of a patch? of
course, we hope the author or reviewer to change the status as
appropiate but we have seen many people including missing discussions
and changing the status of hanging patches...

i guess we can make the commitfest app send an email stating that
reviewer_foo is taking the patch bar, and maybe sending emails after
some days if nothing has happened with that patch... and an email
every week or every few days saying how many patches are, how many are
being reviewed, how many hasn't been reviewed, and so on...

then the remaining work should be not that much, no?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova