Re: [idea] a copied relkind in pg_attribute

From: "Jaime Casanova" <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: "KaiGai Kohei" <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [idea] a copied relkind in pg_attribute
Date: 2008-12-24 16:12:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 6:50 AM, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> wrote:

> The current implementation need to lookup RELOID system cache to
> identify the relkind of the relation, because pg_attribtue does
> not have any information about "relkind". However, I also think
> it is not an ideal implementation, even if its frequency is enough
> small.

but you still can do it, right?
there are any other advantages, like something you can't do now?
if not, i think you need to probe that there will be any benefit in
speed and that is significant otherwise this seems like premature
optimization and that AFAIR is the root of all evil :)

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova