PostGreSQL size configurations

From: <chrisr(at)hawaii(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostGreSQL size configurations
Date: 2008-01-31 20:29:58
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello all,

I have searched the documentation and other web articles and can find no mention of limiting the size of databases at all(I would *really* love to be able to limit schema or user owned total sizes, but I could live with per database limits)  I can find nothing about this.  My experience is with SQL server and you can set individual database size limits and the server will enforce it for you, but like I said I can find no hint of this in Postgres. Any suggestions or known workarounds/hacks to do this (in a performant way...no exectuting an trigger on inserts or something along those lines as we will have large bulk inserts into dynamically created tables).

Any ideas welcome..

Thanks,

Chris

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Chander GanesanDate: 2008-02-01 02:47:23