Possible bug with regards to multiple persistant connections

From: Philippe Hajjar <PHajjar(at)isg-service(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Possible bug with regards to multiple persistant connections
Date: 2003-03-19 21:57:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs
The operating environment in which this occurred is:
	Apache 1.3.27
	PHP 4.2.3
	PostgreSQL 7.3.2
	Redhat Linux 7.2
	ADODB for PHP version 3.10

I have a database with an associated owner.  I connect using a to this
database and begin a transaction and start doing inserts and updates.
However, I want to commit some other data to the same database outside of
the transaction so I open a second persistant connection under the same user
account and I write this information using an INSERT.  In the first
connection, I roll back the transaction and the insert I did under the
second connection also gets rolled back.  Is this supposed to occur?

Perl - The programming equivalent of duct tape.

Philippe Hajjar
Programmer
Interactive Services Group / Netensity.net
http://www.isg-service.com
(856) 824-9401 x33
phajjar(at)isg-service(dot)com

---