Re: regarding oid(object id)

From: Vibhor Kumar <vibhor(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: siva kiran balijepalli <b(dot)sivakiran(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: regarding oid(object id)
Date: 2011-03-10 09:57:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mar 10, 2011, at 12:31 PM, siva kiran balijepalli wrote:

> Hi
> i am novice postgr sql user.
>
> I have created a table named customer in my data base.
> also i have inserter some of the rows into my table.
> when i try to execute this command to select object id's (oid) i am getting following error.
>
> select oid from customer;
> error: column oid doesn't exist

For old/Existing Table without OID, you can't get OID.

> note: even though i have changed the
> default_with_oids = on in postgreconf file,i am not getting the oid's.

Setting Above parameter will make sure that new tables will get created with OIDs.
i.e you don't have to mention WITH OID in CREATE TABLE Syntax.

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
vibhor(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Blog:http://vibhork.blogspot.com