Re: Arguments not being passed to a function

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Arguments not being passed to a function
Date: 2000-05-28 15:18:15
Lists: pgsql-general
Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com> writes:
> I am trying to call PL/pgSQL functions from JDBC via the Fastpath
> interface.  The function is executing but none of the arguments to the
> function are getting set.

Looks like fastpath.c is passing a garbage isNull flag to the function
it calls :-(.  None of the functions "usually" called this way pay
attention to isNull, but plpgsql functions sure do.

Turns out I had already fixed this for 7.1 as a side-effect of some
other work, but I will stick a patch into 7.0.1.  If you're in a hurry,
the bug is in src/backend/tcop/fastpath.c, and the appropriate patch is

  #ifndef NO_FASTPATH
+     isNull = false;
      retval = fmgr_array_args(fid, nargs, arg, &isNull);
  #else
      retval = NULL;
  #endif	 /* NO_FASTPATH */