Re: PostgreSQL Windows port strategy

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Windows port strategy
Date: 2003-02-12 16:42:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well said
I was just trying to be funny. Since we are all programmers here, I'll try and re-express my thought in a (somewhat) portable language:

char HackerThought[] = "Maybe there really is something to this windows business. Perhaps its time to consider a port".
int iAnnoyanceLevel = 0;

PerformDailyRoutine();

PerformDailyRoutine ()
{
char* EmailMessage;
Think(HackerThought);
while (EmailMessage = GetEmailMessage(HACKER_LIST))
{
if (!strcmp(EmailMessage, "Windows is an unstable, crappy OS")) iAnnoyanceLevel++;
if (!strcmp(EmailMessage, "Windows is better than that pile of trash, linux")) iAnnoyanceLevel += 2;
if (!strcmp(EmailMessage, "Can anybody here tell me how to install the IPC-Daemon as a service on my win98 machine?")) iAnnoyanceLevel += 100;
}
}

Really, I'm new here, and I have not business telling anybody anything, anyways :)
Merlin