Re: Problem with createdb

From: Durgaprasad Pawar <durgaprasad(dot)pawar(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with createdb
Date: 2007-10-30 17:00:04
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi Tom,
     You are right. If I try to ping, it gives destination unreachable. Something seriously wrong with network configuration.

# ping
ICMP Host Unreachable from gateway XXXX (y.y.y.y)
 for icmp from XXXX (y.y.y.y) to localhost (
ICMP Host Unreachable from gateway XXXX (y.y.y.y)
 for icmp from XXXX (y.y.y.y) to localhost (

[XXXX - Host name,
 y.y.y.y - Actual address of the interface of this machine]

I am running Solaris 10 on SPARC.