pg_[un]escape_bytea, pgsql 8.2.1, php 5.1.6, Linux

From: "Gary Chambers" <gwchamb(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_[un]escape_bytea, pgsql 8.2.1, php 5.1.6, Linux
Date: 2007-02-02 02:27:23
Lists: pgsql-php

All...

Apache 2.2.3, PostgreSQL 8.2.1, PHP 5.1.6, Linux

I have inserted (via pg_query_params) into a bytea field some binary
data (a JPEG image in this case) which I have escaped using
pg_escape_bytea. It appears, however, that the extracted data is
corrupt (NOT unescaped, more precisely), even after unescaping it with
pg_unescape_bytea. If I perform another (a subsequent)
pg_unescape_bytea, it appears to be partially unescaped, but there
still remain errors because the rest of the image is severely
distorted -- but minimally recognizeable as part of the original
image. What am I missing? I'm using the lo_* functions as an
alternative, but it's hard to dismiss the ease with which it appears
to deal with binary data with a bytea field.

Many thanks in advance!

-- Gary Chambers

// Nothing fancy and nothing Microsoft!