Re: Tips needed for contrib doc

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Albert Cervera i Areny <albert(at)nan-tic(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tips needed for contrib doc
Date: 2007-10-14 19:05:46
Lists: pgsql-docs
Albert Cervera i Areny <albert(at)nan-tic(dot)com> writes:
> The problem is that if we want these docs in the Reference section of the
> documentation right after "PostgreSQL Server Applications" they can't be
> chapters nor sections, they need to be <refentry>'s. That's the problem...

In any case one would think that each contrib module should be at the
same logical level in the docs --- if some of them are only sections,
what chapter are they inside of?

One point here is that a lot of the contrib material is not really
written in reference style anyway.  I wonder if the best solution is
to make it a separate <part>, with each contrib module being a
<chapter>, and then sections and subsections if needed.