return codes

From: jr(at)i-bucks(dot)com
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: return codes
Date: 2001-03-05 19:02:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

How does one check return codes with an embedded sql program? (I dont seem
to find any info on this, in any of the documentation that I have seen).
In other databases, I have checked the values of sqlca.sqlcode or similar
fields. While I see that this field exists, I dont know if postgres is
similar in this request, and I dont know if there is a better source of
examples of using postgres than the docs and Bruce's book.

thanks,

jr