Re: COPY

From: Edward Chase <echase(at)homer(dot)providence(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY
Date: 2000-03-31 18:05:07
Lists: pgsql-admin
Not knowing exactly what your doing and what psql is considering "bad",
have you thought about pre-processing your files first and eliminating
these bad records before importing them into your database?

At 10:28 AM 3/31/2000 -0500, Ralf wrote:

>Hello,
>
>	I think I asked this question before but will try again.
>I deal a lot with importing text files into my psql database and
>quite often there are bad records in those files.  'COPY' will
>abort the process whenever it encounters bad data.  Is there any
>way to make 'COPY' skip bad records and continue with the import
>process rather than abort the entire thing?
>
>Thanks in advance.

 Edward F. Chase III     |   echase(at)providence(dot)edu
 Providence College      |   http://www.providence.edu
 Computer Services       |   http://studentweb.providence.edu
 Providence, RI  02918   |

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: KOOPMAN,JON (A-SantaClara,ex1)Date: 2000-03-31 22:41:58