Special Characters

From: Robert Hiltibidal <rob(at)y2k(dot)state(dot)il(dot)us>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Special Characters
Date: 2000-01-14 22:04:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Howdy,

I ran into a problem with special characters and postgres. I am importing
data into a postgres database in three different ways...

Access97 ODBC
perl
pascal (FPK)

If I do a select query on a field that has a special character and I'm
displaying that value in a webform I want to be ableto take that value when
its submitted and enter it in its entirety into an insert query, regardless
of whether or not it has a special character in it.

What are the methods to accomplish this? How does the ODBC driver do this?

Thanks,
-Rob

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Assaf ArkinDate: 2000-01-14 22:19:54