Re: [INTERFACES] FPK Pascal and Postgres

From: Robert Hiltibidal <rob(at)y2k(dot)state(dot)il(dot)us>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] FPK Pascal and Postgres
Date: 1999-09-02 13:58:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Morning,

I installed FPK Pascal on another host last night. I ran into a similar
problem where the error message was:

testpg: error in loading shared libraries
libpq.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked both the /etc/ld.so.conf files and the /etc/ppc386.cfg file. I
had the proper enteries in both files.

The problem was in the postgress.pp file. The include statement was
originally:
{ $include "libpq/pqcomm.h"}

By changing it to the absolute path as listed below everything works great.
Its a bit early for benchmarks but I'm guestimating I'm seeing somewhere's
around 40% speed improvement over Perl. Perhaps today I'll make a benchmark
program and compare the results.

Although I will say it takes about 20 lines of code in perl and about 70
lines in pascal... tradeoff's...gotta love 'em.

{ $include "/usr/include/libpq/pqcomm.h"}

-Rob