Re: mirroring databases

From: April L <april(at)i-netco(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: mirroring databases
Date: 2002-07-19 03:32:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

Interesting reading about rsync and heartbeat.

Now I understand the suggestion that I could dump the changed and new
records to a file, send them to the remote location perhaps with rsync,
then "import" them.

Luckily this is the novice list, so I can ask things like:

could I just do a select into (or whatever means "append new and replace
existing") statement at the remote location that accessed the changed/new
records at the other location? would that be a lot slower or have other
disadvantages?

Thank you,

- April

www.backpack.com