Specifying OID for BLOBs?

From: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Specifying OID for BLOBs?
Date: 2000-07-03 14:29:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

My work on pg_dump/pg_restore has left me wondering about also supporting
BLOBs. I realize that TOAST will replace BLOBs, but the ability to dump &
restore a DB with BLOBs will make conversion a lot easier, I would guess.

The question then is, for the purpose of pg_dump/restore, how difficult
would it be to create a 'lo_create_with_oid' function?

This technique would obviously only work properly for full restores of the
database, and if the max oid was set prior to the restore.

Philip Warner | __---_____
Albatross Consulting Pty. Ltd. |----/ - \
(A.C.N. 008 659 498) | /(@) ______---_
Tel: (+61) 0500 83 82 81 | _________ \