Re: pg_dumpall and check constraints

From: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Guillaume Perréal <perreal(at)lyon(dot)cemagref(dot)fr>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dumpall and check constraints
Date: 2000-07-02 06:59:46
Lists: pgsql-general

At 11:33 1/07/00 +0200, Jan Wieck wrote:

> Was late for me too, and maybe the answer was too lazy. So
> let me give you an example of what I meant:

About 5 mins after I hit the send button on my last message I realized the
error in my ways (again). There are probably limitations one could place on
such views, but the effort would be high, and the rewards low.

But, at the risk of yet another ill conceived plan being laid bare, and to
satisfy the original posters requirements, could FOREIGN KEY be extended to
allow:

This seems like a very convenient feature...if it's not too hard.

Philip Warner | __---_____
Albatross Consulting Pty. Ltd. |----/ - \
(A.C.N. 008 659 498) | /(@) ______---_
Tel: (+61) 0500 83 82 81 | _________ \