Re: AW: Proposal: More flexible backup/restore via pg_dump

From: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Stephan Szabo" <sszabo(at)kick(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AW: Proposal: More flexible backup/restore via pg_dump
Date: 2000-06-29 10:33:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
At 12:06 28/06/00 -0700, Stephan Szabo wrote:

>This will happen for check constraints, but not for foreign key
>constraints...
>It actually adds the fk constraints later with CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER
>after the data dump is finished. And, if you do separate schema and data
>dumps, the wierd statements at the top and bottom of the data dump turn
>off triggers and then turn them on again (in the most painful way possible).

Thanks for this information!

I had not seen those statements before; I have been mistakenly modifying
6.5.3 sources, not 7.0.2. I will incorporate them in my work. Is there any
way of also disabling all constraint checking while loading the data?

(A.C.N. 008 659 498)             |          /(@)   ______---_
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/