Re: Postgresql

From: Jim Jennis <jhjennis(at)shentel(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql
Date: 2000-06-07 21:29:53
Lists: pgsql-general

I agree Bruce!

Sounds like a quote from an Oracle or SQL Server sales rep/consultant to me!

Postgres is fantastic!

Thanks to the team and keep up the great work!

Regards,

Jim

At 15:57 6/7/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>[ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
>> The following is a quote from a consultant's opinion on my intention to
>> migrate to Postgresql.
>> Quote:
>> The use of Postgres is cautioned for mission critical data by the
developers
>> of Postgres themselves.
>> Unquote.
>> Please comment.
>>

>I have been around for 4 years, and have never heard that said by anyone
>closely related to the project.
>
>--
> Bruce Momjian | http://www.op.net/~candle
> + If your life is a hard drive, | 830 Blythe Avenue
> + Christ can be your backup. | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

,-,-. ,-,-. ,-,-. ,-,-. ,-
/ / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / /
\ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / /
`-'-' `-'-' `-'-' `-'-'
FSC - Building Better Information Technology Solutions-
From the Production Floor to the Customer's Door.

Jim Jennis, Technical Director, Commercial Systems
Fuentez Systems Concepts, Inc.
1 Discovery Place, Suite 2
Martinsburg, WV. 25401 USA.

Phone: +001 (304) 263-0163 ext 235