Re: [NOVICE] [OT] How to avoid using Reply-All on this list

From: "Anthony E(dot) Greene" <agreene(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: al <al_h(at)technologist(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] [OT] How to avoid using Reply-All on this list
Date: 2000-06-02 21:17:37
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-novice

At 15:23 2000-06-02 -0500, al wrote:
>your request the everyone on this list stop using reply-ALL because YOU
>dislike getting multiple copies of a reply is vain and conceited to put
>it nicely

I suggest you re-read my messages. I never asked anyone to do anything. I
made *an offer* to people whose preferences are similar to my own.

The interpretation that my original post was a request for anyone to take
action is not supported by the actual text of the message. That
interpretation is based on data that exists only in your mind.

>why should all of us need to install/edit/admin procmail to please you?

I described my dislikes as a lead-in for those with similar tastes, not as
part of a request that other people take some action. Re-read carefully.
You will not find a single request to take action anywhere in my original
post.

>THAT is why I said you were on the wrong list
>you need to be on the "I'd Like to Change The World" list

Again, re-read carefully.

>nuff beating on that poor ol ded horse

A strange sentiment given your ad hominiem attacks, insults, sarcasm, and
otherwise emotional and negative response to my original offer of help.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <agreene(at)pobox(dot)com>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D