postgreSQL 6.5.3 install

From: Paul Baughman <pbaughman(at)resourcegrp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgreSQL 6.5.3 install
Date: 2000-01-21 15:34:49
Lists: pgsql-ports

PostgreSQL 6.5.3
OpenBSD 2.5
i686

gmake failed on the odbc interface. The perl and TCL interfaces succeeded.
The regression tests passed with the following exceptions.
-------------------------------------
int2 .. failed
int4 .. failed
float8 .. failed
geometry .. failed
abstime .. failed

If you are interested in the diffs file, let me know and I'll send it to you.

I added the following to /etc/rc.local

su -m postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -S -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data"

to autostart the postmaster at boot time. I also had to modify /etc/rc in
order to get the libraries configured into ldconfig.

1. edit /etc/rc
2. search for this section:

if [ -f /sbin/ldconfig ]; then
echo 'creating runtime link editor directory cache.'
_LIBS=
if [ -d /usr/local/lib ]; then
_LIBS="$_LIBS /usr/local/lib"
fi
if [ -d /usr/X11R6/lib ]; then
_LIBS="$_LIBS /usr/X11R6/lib"
fi
ldconfig $_LIBS
fi

and add this:

if [ -d /usr/local/pgsql/lib ]; then
_LIBS="$_LIBS /usr/local/pgsql/lib"
fi

so that the final result will look like this:

if [ -f /sbin/ldconfig ]; then
echo 'creating runtime link editor directory cache.'
_LIBS=
if [ -d /usr/local/lib ]; then
_LIBS="$_LIBS /usr/local/lib"
fi
if [ -d /usr/X11R6/lib ]; then
_LIBS="$_LIBS /usr/X11R6/lib"
fi
if [ -d /usr/local/pgsql/lib ]; then
_LIBS="$_LIBS /usr/local/pgsql/lib"
fi
ldconfig $_LIBS
fi

Paul Baughman
-----
Paul Baughman
Network Administrator
Resource Communications Group

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will
always long to return."
-Leonardo da Vinci