Re: using indexes with the OR clause

From: Colin McKinnon <colin(at)wew(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: using indexes with the OR clause
Date: 1998-10-21 07:48:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello all,
I'm a newbie to postgres (haven't got as far as setting up odbc on my
system yet) so please forgive me if I'm talking ^&*%.

At 23:00 20/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:52:06 +0200
>From: Sferacarta Software <sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it>
>Subject: using indexes with the OR clause
>
>Hi all,
>
>I'm trying v6.4beta2 via ODBC-Access.
>
>I have the following table:
>
>CREATE TABLE attivita (
>        azienda                 CHAR(11) NOT NULL,
>        attivita                CHAR(03) NOT NULL,
>        specifica               CHAR(02),
>        cod_alternativo         CHAR(10),
>        conto_economico         CHAR(02),
>        inizio_attivita         DATE,
>        fine_attivita           DATE,
>        PRIMARY KEY (azienda,attivita,specifica,inizio_attivita)
>        );
>
>I linked this table on M$-Access specifying the Access-key equal to
>PostgreSQL PRIMARY KEY to test indexes with the OR clause but
>I have the following error message:
<snip>
It may be nothing to do with your error but I see from your code you allow
NULL values as part of the primary key. The programming style is
questionable, but Access is VERY particular about not having NULL values in
JET tables so I suppose it could be the same for linked tables.

I would try declaring each attribute of the primary key as NOT NULL.

Colin

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: anggDate: 1998-10-21 08:16:17