New ODBC Driver: some tests.

From: Sbragion Denis <infotecn(at)tin(dot)it>
To: byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New ODBC Driver: some tests.
Date: 1998-05-11 08:04:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I performed some quick test on the new driver. VisDATA is still unable to
retrieve the index list, anyway the driver's still working perfectly under
Visual Basic. There's a *huge* increase in the overall speed of the driver
which is now about 10 times faster than the previous one. With the "Use
cursor" checkbox disabled now it is even a little faster than MS Sql Server
(!) as long as there are only few (less than 2/3 thousand) row in the
tables used. With "Use cursor" enabled the driver is a bit slower (though
your previous e-mail stated that it should be faster) and it also sometimes
suffer the lock problem you were talking about. Anyway performances are
stable even with about 50.000 row in a table.

Great job Byron !

P.S. Visual basic sometimes (about once every 500 insert operations) reports:

3155:ODBC--insert on a linked table '???' failed.

Anyway I think this is a VB problem because:

1) There are no linked tables. I'm using ODBCDirect, not an Access database
with linked table in it.

2) It reports the same error, or a similar one, with all the driver I
tested in my life, including the MS ones.

Hope it helps.

Dr. Sbragion Denis
InfoTecna
Tel, Fax: +39 39 2324054