Re: [INTERFACES] psql trerminal behaviour

From: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] psql trerminal behaviour
Date: 1999-09-29 19:53:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
At 16:48 09/29/1999 +0100, eem21(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk wrote:
>On 29 Sep, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> (I'd say this is a mispackaging of readline, BTW: installed headers
>> belong with the library, not with the sources.  By that logic a
>> non-devel RH system would ship with an empty /usr/include tree and you
>> couldn't compile *anything*.  But I doubt RH cares what I think...)
>
>I think that's what they're aiming at - a distribution with which Joe
>User doesn't have to compile anything (he lets somebody else do it).
>By extension, if he doesn't want to compile anything, then he doesn't
>want the header files on there either.  I think that's the way these
>distributions should be.

I guess I'm a little confused by all this. I took a new box, installed
RedHat 6.0, selecting custom,all (also did a workstation only). Then
installed PostgreSQL 6.5.1 source, compiled & installed. My cursor keys
work fine & /usr/include is full of headers (506) including readline.h. I
don't see a problem with RH package or Postgres. Seems more like the case
of a uniquely buggered machine.

Ken

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: wenjin.zhengDate: 1999-09-29 20:04:23