temp table problem

From: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: temp table problem
Date: 1999-07-14 07:20:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I created a temporary table using 'Select [fields] into temp table {table]'.
Then I altered the table, adding extra columns.
Then I updated the new table, attempting to fill in the new columns.
Only the *first* added column would except the update, even though no
errors were reported. psql says 'UPDATE 1' like all went well, however the
other extra columns remained null. This is consistant with libpq & psql.

Ken