Re: [INTERFACES] Money type mapping to VB5 Jet workspace

From: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Money type mapping to VB5 Jet workspace
Date: 1998-12-31 21:58:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
This is also a problem with the BDE & also with libpq. The odbc driver
could/should? fix this, but then what about libpq? The docs say the money
type is going away someday. Should we avoid using it? I believe a proper
fix involves both the backend & frontends. Forcing quotes around a numeric
value throws everyone off. Developer comments?

At 03:16 PM 12/31/98 +0000, you wrote:
>	I'm having problems with the mapping of the money type to an
>appropriate type in Visual Basic 5.0. Presently, it is coming across
>as type float8, and if that were acceptable to me, it isn't when I
>update, because I get an error '524':
> parser: attribute 'amount'  is of type 'money' but expression is of
>type 'float8'
>You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.
>I can successfully update only with an ODBC direct workspace, where I
>can add single quotes around the value. I would prefer to be able to
>use the Jet workspace, however, as well as data bound controls.
>Is it possible to have it map to the currency data type?

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Michael J. SheldonDate: 1999-01-01 05:12:26