Re: PostgreSQL security concerns

From: Ken Causey <ken(at)ineffable(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL security concerns
Date: 2001-05-31 21:24:41
Lists: pgsql-general

There are 2 different server systems, so IP sockets are being used. But,
the only user processes on the webserver are CGI process which all run as
the same user, the web server user (nobody). Even at that, my point is
that I need to be able to setup databases for specific users which they can
get into, but not allow them to get into other user's databases. As far as
I can tell, any user settings in pg_hba.conf would apply to the ident user,
which will always be 'nobody'. The only solution is to have permissions
based on the postgresql user, and I can't find anyway to set that up.

Ken Causey