Re: beta testing version

From: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: beta testing version
Date: 2000-12-02 19:31:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers
At 05:42 PM 12/2/00 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>Don Baccus writes:
>> Exactly what is PostgreSQL, Inc doing in this area?
>Good question...  See

"Advanced Replication and Distributed Information capabilities are also under development to meet specific
 business and competitive requirements for both PostgreSQL, Inc. and clients. Several of these enhanced
 PostgreSQL, Inc. developments may remain proprietary for up to 24 months, with availability limited to
 clients and partners, in order to assist us in recovering development costs and continue to provide funding
 for our other Open Source contributions. "

Boy, I can just imagine the uproar this statement will cause on Slashdot when
the world finds out about it.