Re: Re: [NOVICE] Re: re : PHP and persistent connections

From: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
To: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [NOVICE] Re: re : PHP and persistent connections
Date: 2000-11-27 18:30:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-novice

At 10:46 AM 11/27/00 -0600, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
>Uh, Don?
>Not all the world's a web page, you know. Thatkind of thinking is _so_
>mid 90's ;-) Dedicated apps that talk directly the user seem to be making
>a comeback, due to a number of factors. They can have much cleaner user
>interfaces, for example.

Of course. But the question's been raised in the context of a web server,
and I've answered in context.

I've been trying to move the discussion offline to avoid clogging
the hackers list with this stuff but some of the messages have escaped
my machine with my forgetting to remove pg_hackers from the distribution
list. I'll try to be more diligent if the discussion continues.

http://donb.photo.net.