Re: NOT {NULL|DEFERRABLE} (was: bug in 7.0)

From: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
To: Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: NOT {NULL|DEFERRABLE} (was: bug in 7.0)
Date: 2000-02-28 22:37:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 11:18 PM 2/28/00 +0100, Jan Wieck wrote:

> I would be able to undo Thomas' changes to the parser (plus
> your fix for SEQUENCE) and put our idea of token lookahead
> into instead. The changes are locally to gram.y, and anything
> works as expected.

Look-ahead's a bit cleaner in principle than doing it in the lexer,
IMO. Still, it shouldn't be necessary.

I was going to take a look at the relevant part of gram.y starting
in about an hour, over coffee, to see if anything leaps out at me.

Also, I think Thomas ought to have a chance to chime in and he's
apparently back in touch with the world, because he's been e-mailing
today.

http://donb.photo.net.